Friday, 13 November 2009

Adults, bestfriends, troubles; help!

What are you meant to do when one of your best-friends is in pain?
When you know that there's something wrong but you cant get them to talk or you just don't know what to say to them to make them feel better.
You comfort them, hold them in your arms and tell them that everything will be okay but deep down you know its not; you tell them a white lie!
Don't parents tell you not to lie?
But in this one case isn't it okay?

I have a friend who is going through hell just like me and her friend is going through the same, when we're all in the same boat it makes it easier to understand but when they tell you that its okay you already know it wont be, so you just feel worse. I mean yeah, we aren't out in the 'big bad world' but is it really different from anything else in the world? I mean take abuse for example, I have a pretty good idea that abuse to adults feels the same as it does to a child or a teenager; so whats different? Nothing!
Adults treat us all like kids when maybe we have had more experience than they have had in their long, old boring lives! One of my close friends was abused when she was really young and I know many kids who have been, maybe we weren't abused the same way but it still leaves long lasting effects!

Adults think we wont remember anything but I remember stages in my childhood that Id much rather forget; such as, my parents divorce, my parents 'reconnection' with another person, my teachers suicide; everything that I don't want to be there is stuck, implanted as a memory in my head; a nightmare that maybe I want to end and maybe I don't!

Have you ever felt the same way?

Like maybe what Adults think is wrong?

Or just because they are older doesn't particularly make them more wise or more experienced than us teens... Or kids!

Tell me what you think?

x`BoodleWoodle